Thoughts from around the Internet as we hope to score you another exclusive interview with Marshawn Lynch…
- ESPN.com chat here with Mark Schlabach who (without posting a question) says that Forsett appeared to him to be nearly as explosive as the Solid Investment, and that Cal shouldn’t be concerned about its running game at all this year.
- Post here at the Bear Insider forums about megaphone day for the Tennessee game, in which Cal will be giving away 50,000 megaphones. That’s like giving everyone thunder sticks…only a million times worse. But hey, it should make for a fun game to watch (on TV).
- Our glorious leader Coach Tedford gets a mention in this week’s Stewart Mandel mailbag of the best and worst coaches in college football - however, he didn’t place in the top ten, so he merely got an honorable mention, without Mandel going into it any further.
- Mandel reaction to the punishment handed down by the NCAA to Oklahoma here which asks the obvious question: what about USC and Reggie Bush?
- Cal men’s basketball assistant coach Joe Pasternack was hired by the University of New Orleans as its head coach. I can’t imagine what series of events led to their AD thinking that a disciple of Ben Braun would somehow be capable of running an entire team.
- We don’t cover recruiting on a day-to-day basis, but Cal got a commit from a defensive lineman who, shockingly, is not Samoan. Big news.