A few links which mention our Bears (One in particular) that don’t really cover any new ground and don’t warrant a full post on their own, but do warrant your attention.
- Heisman Pundit’s (somewhat old) rundown of the top 20 candidates for the Heisman Trophy headed into the 2007 college football season, which includes DeSean at number 8.
- Another article from CSTV.com breaking down the Heisman race, drawing parallels between The One and Tim Brown (good), Charles Woodson (good and bad), and Desmond Howard (awful). Can we just go ahead and give DeSean that nickname already? I’m working as hard as I can on it. It fits. Let’s run with it.
- On last night’s edition of Sportscenter, Kirk Herbstreit called The One the best wide receiver and most explosive player in college football, since Ted Ginn Jr. decided to rehab on the Dolphins’ dime.
- SI.com’s short mention of The Big Game battle between the NFL and Cal/Stanford that was previously covered here by TwistNHook…not because SI’s coverage was interesting, but because of the comments.
- Bruce Feldman chat which includes him saying Cal can be a top 10 team.
- "Please don’t judge my son by his appearance. When you see this black guy with dreadlocks and gold in his mouth, don’t put him down as some thug. Get to know Marshawn and you’ll know he’s a much different character.’ - Delisa Lynch on her son Marshawn, who was the Bills’ first-round pick.