Our hero and yours spoke today in an ESPN chat that once again showed why we should all take him as our role model. The transcript, please:
Marshawn Lynch: (1:06 PM ET ) Hello!
Paul (Augusta): Marshawn Some people have you as the first back off the board this April. what are your thoughts on where you’ll be drafted?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:07 PM ET ) Wherever I am taken I will be very happy. I just hope to be successful wherever I go.
Mark N. (New York, NY): Do defenders tug on your braids when you break through their tackles?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:07 PM ET ) Nah. I haven’t had no one pull on them yet.
Mark N. (New York, NY): Marshawn - congrats on another great season. How are your ankles feeling? Will you be participating at the NFL Combine?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:07 PM ET ) Right now I don’t know if I will be participating. My ankles are 100 percent though.
chris( berkeley CA): what was your favorite thing about playing at Cal? thanx for an amazing 3 years and congrats.
Marshawn Lynch: (1:08 PM ET ) The friendship I made within the team and with the staff members here.
7th Grader(Seattle): who do you think will win Bears or Colts?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:08 PM ET ) That’s tough. I’m a Raider fan. It doesn’t matter to me who wins. I like Addai so I’ll say the Colts.
Zach (Everett, MA): Good Afternoon Marshawn, I am a High School running back, (Everett High) I was just wondering, do you have any tips for a young and upcomming running back?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:09 PM ET ) You have to stay true to the workouts and make sure you hit those books. Those books are key to your future. All the talent in the world won’t help you if you don’t have those books.
Josh (Myrtle Beach): What skills are you working on improving most this week, and leading up to the draft?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:10 PM ET ) I’m trying to improve my whole game. Running, blocking, catching. Every aspect of the game. Strength. Everything.
Dan Omaha,Ne: What team do you really want to play for?? Who is your favorite all-time back??
Marshawn Lynch: (1:10 PM ET ) Barry Sanders is my all-time favorite. I’ll play for any team that wants me.
Jared (Knoxville, TN): Remember your visit to Knoxville? Ever face a defense like Tennessee’s in the Weak-10?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:11 PM ET ) They were one of the best defenses I saw this year for sure.
Mark (MA): hey Marshawn, do you think people on the East coast will begin to respect the Pac-10 more now that they are successful in bowl games year in and year out?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:11 PM ET ) Yes, I think people have been sleeping on the Pac 10 but we had a great year and people are starting to pay attention. We are going to wake college football up.
Mike (Blacksburg): Why didn’t you go to Virginia Tech?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:12 PM ET ) Cal was close to home. I had two family members attending the school with me and a busload of friends.
Mike (Villanova): Marshawn, between, the visor, the mouthpiece, and the Cal uni, I’d have to say you were the coolest lookin’ player on an NCAA field this season. holla.
Marshawn Lynch: (1:12 PM ET ) Thanks, Mike, I appreciate that.
Marshawn Lynch: (1:13 PM ET ) They stripped me of my color visor though!
Kevin (Napa): How has Coach Tedford helped you as a player to be prepared for the transition to the pro-game?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:13 PM ET ) They did a wonderful job preparing me for the NFL. Just a great job.
Matt : Two Harbors: Do you pay much attention to online "Mock Drafts"?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:13 PM ET ) I don’t look at them.
Lee Kanas: Hey Marshawn, in April will this be your first time coming to NYC?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:13 PM ET ) Never been to NY.
Ryan (Medford,MA): Who was your biggest mentor growing up Marshawn?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:14 PM ET ) I would say my mother.
Marc (Lake Worth, TX): Barry Sanders is my favorite all-time back, as well. How do you think your game compares to his?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:14 PM ET ) I can’t compare myself to him. Not even close.
Phil Baker (Menomonie, WI): What do you think Brett Favre will do? Stay or Retire?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:14 PM ET ) I don’t think he will retire. He has too much fight in him.
Greg(Boston): Is it easier or harder preparing this week knowing you will have more money then you’ve ever seen in your life in just a few short months?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:15 PM ET ) It is a lot of pressure. When you know that, you can put more pressure on yourself. But if you didn’t have the drive before, money won’t change that.
Oski - Berkeley: Have you spoken with Aaron Rodgers recently?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:16 PM ET ) I haven’t talked to him.
Mark (Kalamazoo): Marshawn, do you play EA NCAA college football? If so, what team do you play?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:16 PM ET ) I play with LSU usually. Xavier Carter!
Bill (CT): Would you like a chance to replace Tiki in New York?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:17 PM ET ) I wouldn’t mind that at all. I’ll go anywhere!
Mike(kuwait): What NFL team fits your running style the most?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:18 PM ET ) Whatever offense you put me in I will adapt to it!
Greg(Boston): you seem like a pretty humble, down to earth, nice guy, how do you turn it into playing with such fierceness on the field?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:19 PM ET ) I am a chill back kinda dude. But on the field it’s all different. It’s time to go to work when you get on the field.
Mike (NJ): How much has Jeff Tedford helped you in your career?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:21 PM ET ) I’ve talked to him briefly but he told me whatever I do to give 100 percent.
Eric (Pasadena, CA): Marshawn, As a Raider fan, What do you think of Kiffin being the new Head Coach?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:21 PM ET ) I bleed black and silver. I’m with them 100 percent.
Frank (Irvine, CA): Physically, are you ready for the NFL? What about mentally?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:22 PM ET ) If I’m not ready now, I surely will be by the end of my training.
Mike (Oakland, California): How will growing up in the lovely city of Oakland affect your professional career and life decisions? How does it feel to be the best running back from Oakland Tech (above Ricky Henderson)?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:23 PM ET ) I wouldn’t say I was the best! Just to be associated with Oakland in a positive way feels great.
Andy (Los Angeles, Ca): How does it feel to be a Cal legend?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:23 PM ET ) I ain’t no legend!
Hyphy101: Marshawn will you be the first player to do tha Thizz dance in the endzone?First,I do like this….
Marshawn Lynch: (1:24 PM ET ) (Laughing) I don’t know man. We’ll see.
Ricky(Florida): Hey Marshawn…I just gotta know…how does it feel to be in a video game?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:24 PM ET ) It doesn’t feel like much. I don’t trip off it much.
E-40 (Tha Bay): You finna get hyphy in the L or what?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:25 PM ET ) That’s what we do man.
Matt (Oakland, CA): Marshawn, what do you aspire to do outside of football?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:25 PM ET ) Yes, I want to go back to school and get my degree.
Willie (Portland, OR): So who’s laid the hardest hit on you in your career?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:27 PM ET ) I’d have to say Joe Maningo.
J.T. Mississippi: Marshawn, good luck in the NFL. Are there any things that come with being an NFL player that make you worry?
Marshawn Lynch: (1:30 PM ET ) I’m not worried. I’m very confident about everything.
Thanks for the questions! Keep solid and stay true to Pole Biz! B-I-Z baby!
What can we take from this?
1. Marshawn doesn’t care where he goes, because he knows he’s could take even the Detroit Lions to the Super Bowl.
2. Marshawn’s so fast it’s impossible to get ahold of his braids, unlike Edgerrin James and Ricky Williams, who cut theirs because people were grabbing them.
3. Marshawn’s ankles are finally 100%, and he doesn’t feel the need to embarass every other NFL prospect by blowing them all away at the NFL combine now that he does have two working ankles.
4. Marshawn really loved everyone he met at Cal. AWWWWWWWW
5. Even seventh graders who stumble into the wrong chatroom love Marshawn.
6. Marshawn knows the value of a good education.
7. Marshawn is making more progress than you are towards becoming the perfect human being.
8. Marshawn loves Barry Sanders.
9. Marshawn is willing to play for any team that will CTC.
10. Tennessee fans are insufferable jerks.
11. Don’t sleep on the Pac-10.
12. Everyone wants to know why Marshawn isn’t a bigger part of their life.
13. Marshawn is the baddest looking player on the field at all times.
14. Tedford’s done a better job of preparing him for the NFL than he has with his quarterbacks.
15. Marshawn has no need for mock drafts.
16. Marshawn has never been to the Big Apple - because he IS the big apple.
17. Marshawn’s mother is probably the Virgin Mary.
18. Marshawn can’t compare himself to Barry Sanders, because he’s already better.
19. Brett Favre is an
attention whore warrior.
20. Marshawn keeps things in perspective.
21. Marshawn doesn’t do a very good job of keeping in touch.
22. Marshawn plays with LSU?!?!?!?
23. Marshawn doesn’t want me to buy his jersey.
24. Marshawn has taken the advice of Bruce Lee - he will adapt to whatever situation he is in.
25. Marshawn knows when it’s time to get down to business.
26. Marshawn always gives 100%.
27. Marshawn loves the Raiders.
28. Marshawnimania is ready to run wild all over the NFL.
29. Marshawn is the best thing to ever come out of Oakland - and that includes MC Hammer.
30. Marshawn isn’t a legend, he’s a deity.
31. I have no idea what the Thizz dance is.
32. Marshawn finds it unsatisfying being RB #10 of Cal in NCAA Football.
33. Marshawn is going to hyphy in the league or something. Yeah. Word. Your mother.
34. Marshawn is going to go back and get his degree to prove that even deities know the value of a good education.
35. The hardest tackler in the world is JOE MANINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
36. Man, whatever happened to that guy? Sounds like a subject for another post.
37. Marshawn is very confident.
38. I also have no idea what the Pole Biz is.
I think we can all agree that that was very informative. Thank you Marshawn, and I pray to God (your Father) that you don’t go to the Giants. Go Bears.