While the rest of the world foolishly thinks Jesus was born on Monday, December 25th, we here at The California Golden Blogs all know he was really born on Thursday, December 28th. And while some might think He was born in a manger, we know He was really born in a stunningly ugly San Diego-area multipurpose stadium. Also, we’re reasonably sure that Coach Tedford was His father.
The point is, we’ve been really really good this year. We went to all the home games, even staying all the way through the 2nd half of the Portland State game. No man should have to endure that much Ayoob. Some of us even went to Tennesse and LA and Arizona (Note: We lost all 3 of those games and are doing what we can to keep this unnamed blogger from getting into the H-Bowl).
We cheered on the band. We never let a single post-TD crowdsurfer fall to the ground. We always passed those colored pieces of cardboard nicely to the end of the row. We never chanted "Shoot Em Like A Horse." We tailgated for 4 hours before every game decked out in as much Cal gear as humanly possible. We cheered on Marshawn and DeSean and the rest of the motley crue.
We were the bestest best ever. So, we humbly beseech you, oh jolly one, please grant us all our gifts this year:
1. 2 healthy ankles for Marshawn
2. The month of September back for Nate.
3. Texas A+M punting to DeSean
4. The ball being thrown within 10 square feet of Hughes
5. Some sort of complex cannon machine that shoots Desmond Bishop straight at the quarterback.
6. Dunbar to never be allowed to call a play 1 yard away from the 1st down marker or goal-line.
7. A H-Bowl victory to wipe away the stench of 2004.
8. A Very Brady Christmas
And, of course
9. Mack Brown’s head on a pike.
Merry Christmas for all! Except for TAMU fans!